Went to meet Donald brown with my little brother the other day. He was talking about goals, and keeping your eyes on the prize. I feel as if sometimes it is hard to keep my eyes on a prize that seems so far away, even if the goal is just at the end of an one hour work out. 

Fridays goal was to get to a mile on the treadmill. I have told my trainer a few things I have not been able to do, and always wanted to do. He had me ride a regular bike last week at the gym, not the ones that are more seated. I felt accomplished after spending about a minute of complaining and almost not getting onto the stupid machine. Boy did my butt hurt afterwards!!
Well all week my trainer told me that I was going to do a mile on Friday. There was the anticipation and fret all week, honestly. I really did not believe that that I could do it at all. I met my trainer at 8:15 Friday evening and ended up going and starting right on the treadmill. He asked me about half way through it how long he thought it would take me to do a mile. I told him about 27 minutes. I ended up doing 1. something or other in 27 minutes. I told him I really wanted to go to 1.5 because I was close to there. I ended up going 1.5 in about 30 minutes. I feel so accomplished and proud of myself. My feet were cramping up and I honestly did not think I could do it. I only stopped for a second because I felt my heart skipping beats. My feet were asleep, because of a medication I am on, half of the mile and a half.
Everyone had to walk there first mile, run there first mile, lose there first pound. My dads best friend is training for an iron man this summer, he had to run his first mile, I wonder how he felt when he ran his first mile, Donald brown had to run his first mile at some point, he had to have thoughts of quitting, everyone probably has. I must keep focused on my goals and you must too if you are trying to lose weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment